In response to COVID-19 SHORE Centre has updated some of our processes to follow current public health recommendations and guidelines. Appointments for IUD or Nexplanon insertion and removal are available in person at our Kitchener office.
To book an appointment for the Implant or IUD insertion or removal click here.
If you do not have a prescription for the Implant or IUD: the first step is to book an in-person birth control consultation appointment with one of SHORE Centre’s clinicians to get a prescription for your IUD. Next you will be able to book an appointment for the insertion. No referral is required for this process.
If you already have a prescription for the Implant or IUD from a health care provider: have the clinician who prescribed it send a referral for insertion to us by fax at 519-743-6710.
If you want to have your Implant or IUD removed: have your clinician send a referral for removal to us by fax at 519-743-6710 or contact us directly to book your appointment.
SHORE Centre is proud to be a member of RAICE (Rapid Access IUD Centres of Excellence). RAICE is a network of clinics and health care providers across Canada who are experts in IUD insertion and care.
RAICE clinics must meet the following criteria:
(1) have an expert IUD insertion team;
(2) accept patients making their own appointments without referral by their health care provider;
(3) appointments for IUD discussion and insertion made quickly;
(4) offer training in their communities to the public and/or to other health care providers;
(5) are committed to continuously improving the care they provide;
(6) must provide access to the copper IUD as emergency contraception.
Ready to Book an Appointment?
Current Wait Time: 2 weeks