SHORE Centre offers regular appointments for IUD insertions. If you already have a prescription from your doctor, contact SHORE Centre to be booked in for an insertion appointment.
If you do not have a prescription, multiple appointments may be necessary in order for you to meet with our clinician for your prescription and schedule a date for insertion. Contact our office or visit the Book Now page to book an appointment. No referral required.
IUD insertions and removals are offered regularly at our clinic in downtown Kitchener, and weekly out of the Guelph Community Health Centre in downtown Guelph.
SHORE Centre is proud to be a member of RAICE (Rapid Access IUD Centres of Excellence). RAICE is a network of clinics and health care providers across Canada who are experts in IUD insertion and care.
RAICE clinics must meet the following criteria:
(1) have an expert IUD insertion team;
(2) accept patients making their own appointments without referral by their health care provider;
(3) appointments for IUD discussion and insertion made quickly;
(4) offer training in their communities to the public and/or to other health care providers;
(5) are committed to continuously improving the care they provide;
(6) must provide access to the copper IUD as emergency contraception.